Saturday, May 28, 2022

How To Guide Your Heart

The Word of God is the Standard to either accept or reject principles.
.
One of the fundamental lessons I am learning in this season is how to screen what goes into my heart.
.
Bible says we should guide our heart. In my mind, this is like mounting a roadblock in my heart. Whatever wants to get in must first pass through that roadblock and be screened before accepting or allowing it into my heart. So some may be accepted wholly, some accepted in part, some on reserve list and some completely rejected and discarded.
.
So when I am on social media for instance, I don't accept everything anyone say of it does not follow the word of God no matter how successful or influential the person is.
.
But then I also know that this can only be possible when you already have the word of God impressed  on your heart by consistent study before you heard that other thing.
.
Hence Bible says;
"...I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. Hebrews 8:10 NKJV
.
We need to surrender our hearts in the  consistency of prayer and studying of the word.
.
The Holy Spirit also helps us with those checks in our heart. That's why you loose your peace even when you cannot explain why.
.
And finally, even if you have accepted a position or philosophy and you eventually see that it is not in line with the word of God, please be humble enough to dump that idea and let your loyalty to the word be absolute.
.
Any idea that is against the word of God is not from God.
.
Please note, the ideas must not have specific Biblical words. It doesn't need 'ye' and 'thou' for it to be in line. But it must not be against the principles of the word of God. For instance, you cannot have an idea that promotes promiscuity in any form, etc.
.
But you can have an idea that gives awarenesses about recycling and global warming and be in line with the will of God.
.
Blessings.
.
#joshuaboyede #pastorjosh 

No comments:

Post a Comment