Tuesday, October 15, 2013

DON’T WANT TO BE MYSELF

Don't Want to be Myself

All across the street, down to the media in my room,
They say if it feels right I can do it,
But, right there in my room it felt right just for a moment and then it felt all wrong.
“Be yourself” have been the topic,
But only doing God’s will can bring me tropies.
I was conceived and my Momma bore me in sin,
You see, the scene and place of my birth was not the seen but sin.
I grew up to understand sin without been tought.
I didn’t learn to steal before I stole,
Neither did I learn to cheat, lie and cover up with other lies before I became a professional in them.
But, I had to learn to speak the truth and obey.
I had to learn to love and live peacefully.
I had to learn not to get angry.
I had to learn not be myself.
Now each time I hear-“Be yourself”
I wonder which of myself I should be.
I remember who I was back in those wasted years; rude, stubborn, a liar, a cheat, a player, volatile, dangerous, and a devilish cool-calm-good-bad-boy.
But Jesus came; picked me, brushed me, washed me, cleanse me, hugged me, saved me, and steady me in Himself.
It’s no longer what feels right, but what Jesus say is right.
I don’t want to ever be myself again.
Lesser till none of me, and
More till all of you Jesus.
Even if I’m called the 21st century cave man,
I still choose to be ALL FOR JESUS.
Shelah.
oTwitter @Joshuaboyede

No comments:

Post a Comment