Friday, January 4, 2013

Afraid and cruel

Afraid and cruel
A time was in the heart of my nation,
My Mum and I can sit on till late on the balcony to eat, tell stories, to mention a few.
Now is a time my Dad, for seven, has declared a curfew.
Every heart in my nation beats hard and fast
ki kim, ki kim, ki kim
So fast you can almost dance to it as though in a praise night.
We are so terified
A touch of a leave unexpected makes us scream
even when you see its just a leave, you still look with suspicion and abandone your ice cream.
funny though, you need this attitude to stay alive
If you doubt me, carry a bookbag and try to tie your shoe lace in front of louis edet's house.
pls post your testimony on facebook if you manage to get back to your house.
And as a shield for the fear, we christen it-security concious.
But, what dazzles me more than the fear is the cruelty.
uhh
If its not new bad news, its no news.
Did you see a.I.t's sharon's face? So professionally cruel.
Thanks any way. Bam! The news is all over.
The question is who and where?
If they are not from my region or religion,
I sign, relieved, relaxed and start eating grandnut.
If less than five, non from my family, I shruggle my shoulder and move on,
If more than ten, I express shock, and the shock fades quicker than it came and I move on.
hmmmn
We are in need of forgiveness because we are so afraid yet so cruel.


No comments:

Post a Comment