Friday, January 4, 2013

A Bride as my Mother


A Bride as my Mother
From my boyhood, when I could think for myself, I have love and cherish my Mother.
A thousand and one best mothers, and I think yours was one, voted mine the better Mother
In the group of best Mothers.
Its not because she baths me with detol,
Or feed me with Indomine,
But, its her grace, her love and her warmth.

As a growing man, I thought and thought; I need a bride just like my Mother.
I wish I could ask my Dad how he found this treasure.
Is it going to be of any use? Its probably outdated and embarrassing
Although the priciple is still valid.

Hmmmn
Iya mi; My Mother
No matter the reccession, she serve the meal in the right session,
She thinks fast ahead, talk with her mouth, communicate perfectly with signs
And work with her hands.
She is strong and beautiful.
A bride like my mother, where will I find?

In his speeches and through the speakers her praise you hear from my Dad
Her words are thoughtful and sensitive,
Believe it or not, she has never cursed any of her children.
She is always happy and cheerful.
When she laughs we all join in like turkeys.
Am so proud of my mother.

I pray God preserves my mother and let me find a bride just like her. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment